Did you know my name means wealthy? Yea, not happening…..
Category Archives: Life
Over the weekend, I was procrastinating. This entailed moving at a snail-like pace….barely getting ready to go out. Hubby wanted to take my car in because it has been acting funny.
Me (playing at the computer, caught in the act)
Hubby (meanly): WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET DONE. I don’t want to wait in long lines to get your car done!
Me(surprised he caught me): I am just taking a quick break, you were in my way!
Me: Clearly we need a break from each other! I can’t wait for you to leave this week!
Hubby: Me Too! How does leaving tomorrow for two weeks sound?
Me: That is just not soon enough!
And that is how much we love each other….ha ha
Where I just want to knife myself, as my baby sis would say…..
So, this morning I got up early to take Boston to the vet for his allergies. Which he does have, by the way. At this point, I think we own half the vet, but hey….Boston is MY baby and he has been keeping me up for a week with his sneezing. They gave us medicine to help his sneezing and he should be better in no time, so I am not worried. They also taught us how to force pills down his throat. NOT FUN. I think I am going to try smashing them into his favorite roast beef sandwich from Arby’s before I try and use that gizmo.
Anyway, this morning after I got dressed to go to the vet, out walks Hubby in practically the same outfit as me. Jeans and the same color tee-shirt. Not okay.
Me: Hubby! You are basically wearing the same outfit as me! You need to change.
Hubby: No, I am not! My shirt is a little different and besides I thought you liked when we dressed alike and are all matchy-matchy.
Me: Ummmm are you crazy? No, I don’t want to match. EVER. We are not cute like that. I AM NOT CUTE LIKE THAT. I would never say something like that. Now, Go change quick!
It’s just been one of those weeks. Filled with stress and lack of sleep and now it has compounded where any little thing feels like it will set me off.
Like what? Well, let me start the list:
1. There is never anything “good” for dinner. We have no food and are poor. I hate grocery shopping and yea, sure Hubby tries to “find” stuff to make out of nothing in our fridge, but I am just tired of eating the same old frozen pizza dinners. So then Hubby gets mad at me because I don’t like anything he suggests. JERK.
2. My middle sister asks me if I am PMSing since I am being a “a jerk.” Whatever, maybe I am, but I don’t feel overtaken by the crazy, chocolate monsters yet…so maybe I am not. JERK
3. I decide to go to bed early, in the hopes that IF i get enough sleep I will wake up happier, excited to go to work (yea, right) and get more done. But, instead I am awoken in hour by the youngest sister who decides to have a loud silverware dropping food session in the kitchen at midnight. AWESOME. It not only sounds like World War III in the kitchen, but now all the pets are up whining and bothering me too. Guess I AM not sleeping tonight. JERK
4. Boston, my favorite cat, will not stop sneezing. And he will not stop sneezing in my face at night, so his sneezes get all over me. I think he has allergies. But, Hubby doesn’t want to take him to the vet because we just spent a small fortune on Americus there. But he is my baby, and if he gets sick I get freaked out. SAD
5. It is ONLY Thursday and this week is not over yet. It is the longest week EVER and I still have to go to a 3 hour meeting on Friday afternoon (when my I-care-level is at 0 and I had a 4.5 hour meeting this past Monday. What is it with meetings? DUMB
6. I just want to know what we are doing….i.e. jobs, living situations, and real life. I am tired of being stuck in limbo-land. P.S. I have the patience the size of a small paper clip. DUMB
7. I planned on drinking last night, to make me nicer, however I found out we have close to no booze…ok, we just don’t have what I want. Which is a whole bottle of red wine (to myself) or crown with coke (the best thing to drink when you have to shovel snow—not that we are experiencing any snow, but it is the shoveler’s drink of choice). DUMB
8. I forgot to make my lunch last night and I am out of Ramen at work. DUMB
I think I need a vacation OR a really, really stiff drink.
This is the longest week EVER! I just want it to end!
This is so me….and then I am slapped back into reality.
Rae, The Hostage, and I were watching a movie; when Rae and I decided that we were hungry.
Rae (to the Hostage): MAKE US DINNER.
Me (copying her): Make us dinner….
Hostage: NO! After the movie
we continued this pattern for about 5 minutes. For the purpose of this blog, I won’t repeat it for 5 minutes, but I wanted you to get a feel for how annoying us sisters’ can be….
Me (matter of factly): Rae, you don’t have a good grip on controlling this hostage. If he won’t do what we say, we are going to have to get a new slave. Learn how to control him or he won’t ever be useful!
Rae: Yea, I know…he doesn’t do what I say.
Me: Not a good sign, if the Hostage revolts.
Rae (more directly to the Hostage): Make me cookies NOW!
The Hostage: NO! I don’t want to.
I think the Hostage is going to have to be beaten…..
To Be Continued….
Americus woke me up this morning to eat. I have NEVER been so happy for a wake up call from her!
So far, she has eaten a little wet food and a very tiny amount of dry food last night. Things are looking up.
Thanks for all your well wishes, out there. It means a lot—to all of us! 🙂
So yesterday, after I brought Americus home from the vet, Boston (her boyfriend with benefits) was a little moody. These two cats love each other so much, so I totally “get” what he is going through. Below are their actions, yet I am also incorporating the dialogue that I think went with it:
I let Americus out of her crate, Boston starts sniffing her and licking her. He obviously knows she is under the weather.
Boston (voice like Tony from the sopranos): Where you been, bizzo?
Americus (feeble-like): I have been sick. I don’t know what is going on.
Boston (voice like Tony from the sopranos): You smell like ass, let me clean you up.
Americus (feeble-like): Thanks.
They both than retreat to our bedroom closet where they decide to curl up next to each other.
Boston (voice like Tony from the sopranos): I love you, you better get better soon.
Americus (feeble-like): Yea, I am trying, but I feel like crap. Awww…you NEED me….
Boston (voice like Tony from the sopranos): yea, whatever.
Later on, Americus moves to another room, Boston follows. Again sniffing and licking her.
Boston (voice like Tony from the sopranos): You know you should eat something!
Americus (feeble-like): I don’t know what that crap that mom got me is. I am so not eating it, it is SO NASTY!
Boston (voice like Tony from the sopranos): I KNOW! She tried to see if me and Patches would take a bite! We both denied her, that stuff is CRAP. What a waste of money!
As I enter the room, Boston gets up and walks away from me. Hisses at Americus and avoids me like the plague. He is obviously moody. He also wouldn’t eat this morning, so I am off to the store to get them both some tuna…..they never turn that down.
I think he is having his typical boy moodiness cause his girl is under the weather. There’s a boy for you.
UPDATE: Americus ate some dry food tonight! YEA! This is the first time she has eaten in two days! Keep up the good thoughts, prayers and whatever other good vibes you want to send our way cause we appreciate it!