So, I am not a genius today (shocking, right?).
I was messing around in the new site, NOT making any changes…just seeing what stuff did….and I did something. Apparently something bad cause it isn’t working.
Don’t know what I did…..but hang in there….no one is sadder than me, I think I need to not touch things anymore….
Emails to GB, web person friend, who will probably kill me—I’m thinking he needs to child proof my site (me being the child here).
Me: Uhhhh you better take a look at my site…..it is messed up, but I didn’t do it!
GB: What did you do? Did you touch something?
Me: Well….I mean, I DID just click one plugin thingy to see what it was…and so it MIGHT have been my fault.
GB: no answer, silence
Another OH SO FUN Monday at work. Tell me why I have to deal with nutjobs? Please, tell me what I did….
So, I am sending out a link to a website to our committee members to review their stuff. Here’s my problem:
1. They wait til the last minute to review their materials, how do I know because I can tell when the stuff has been opened. (I looked at the link)
2. They then proceed to call me about an hour before the meeting, telling me they can’t “access the website” (PS I SENT THEM THE LINK and TESTED the link)
3. They tell me they can’t review their items because they can’t find where they are supposed to get those said items (PS I SENT THEM THE DIRECT LINK)
4. They email me telling me where they think the items they need to review “might” be located, but for some reason, they can’t find them (PS i sent them the link)
5. They tell me that they can’t find the email where I sent them the link (PS I sent them the link 3 times…..)
I give up….
So, a last night the hubby and I are reading in bed. He is reading Maxim magazine and interrupts me to tell me…
Hubby(shocked, disbelief): Listen to this! People are paying 40 dollars to this “left behind “ website so that they can leave people email messages after the rapture has taken place!
Me: Are you kidding me? That can’t be real! Who would pay $40 bucks to do that? It is probably just a joke.
So, the next day, I go online, and lo and behold….the site exists! (I really need to come up with my great idea, so I can strike it rich and retire, but that has yet to happen.) Quite a thorough site, colorful with great word choices and very to the point, what is the catch you ask? Well, money of course. You can’t leave a message for free! A mere $40 bucks annually will get your message to your loved ones. You don’t believe me, check this out: www.youvebeenleftbehind.com (nice name, right?)
My question still remains: are all the people that are going to be left behind going to remember to check their email? I highly doubt the first thing that will come to mind is: Gosh, I have to check my email (despite the fact all my friends are missing), I know that Joe (from down the street) left me a message, knowing that I would be left behind! I can see it now I bet it says….if you are reading this, you are S.O.L! Better luck next time…….